Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Randy Williams

Sad    Dear Friends,

The fragility of our lives is never brought home with more force or impact than when we lose one of our own. Randy gave himself to us, and, we were lucky to have had him.
   This isn’t something that entered my mind or that I ever contemplated writing before now. It is simply too early. That we would lose our good friend this soon was very much unexpected.
    Of all the people who have come, and gone, and come, and stayed, our small group were all, to a person, very fond of Randy, and glad that HE had come, and stayed. He went out of his way to hang out with us, and speak with us, and we were all happy that he did. There is no way to count all the laughs and fun times we all shared with Randy, time and time again, over all the years we’ve been talking together. We are all lesser today after suffering the loss of our friend. He will be dearly, sorely, and greatly missed.
    We’re all feeling a little lost now. It is difficult to reconcile our being unable to hear his voice, or speak to him again. Randy had very much become a part of our lives and we could depend on his being there. We could depend upon his always being the same, the gentle voiced, caring, compassionate and good person that we all learned that he was. He was a very generous person who always had time for his friends, either to be there in person, or to come and speak with us in our voice channel. His willingness to pass on his knowledge of computers was much appreciated to those of us who knew him in this medium.
    We all valued Randy’s friendship very much. For myself, I looked forward to being able to spend time talking to him. He was very easy to be around. I didn’t expect to feel this empty. This is going to be with me for a very long time.
     I spoke with him most evenings. Randy was a great guy. I'd never met him, nor seen a picture of him, but I've known him for about five years now. I considered him a good friend. Short of the "in person" thing, he displayed all of the things that endear one person to another. All of us who knew him are going to miss him a lot. Poor guy was 59 years old. What a rip. I'm feeling pretty sad.

I am confident that I speak for us all when I say how much Randy meant to us, and how much we enjoyed his company. We’re all broken hearted. We won’t forget him. Considering how those of us who only knew him via the internet feel, I can only imagine the loss, and grief his family and his close personal friends are feeling.

-Sincerely, Scott, Feb 29, 2016

PS:  Rob, thank you for the header that you put up.