Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GORDON VICKERS - 2023

Hello Friends,

I should have written this two weeks ago. It’s difficult to reconcile that it has been two years since we lost Gordon. The sting of loss hasn’t really diminished for me as is usually the case after the passing of time. We don’t meet many people who have the kind of lasting effect that Gordon evinced in most of us who knew him well. My thoughts turn to him much more often than expected. The worst part is that the only condolence I can give that even fits the bill is to say to myself, “I miss you Gordon”, and I say that a lot.

Gordon was that rarest of the rare, a genuinely nice and compassionate fellow. He had a great sense of humor, and could give as well as he got. He never crossed the line of good taste even during the “Capacitor” incident with Rob and me. It was the only time I ever heard him angry because Rob and I were putting up such a robust defence. He left in a fit, which was even funnier to us because it was so out of character for him. We were a bit incredulous, because we knew what we were saying. The next day Gordon came back on and somewhat sheepishly apologized for the night before. Gordon knew electronics inside and out, but what we were talking about was outside of Gordon’s experience, simple as that. I won’t go into more detail now but could relate that story and how it started with my going on about something that had happened in my High School shop class in 1977. It was a very funny incident that had occurred that needs to be in a film. What had happened is one of those things that you just can’t make up. Gordon had gone away in a huff, and then had gone and done his own research, and then came back and made amends with his friends. Like a man is supposed to do. Then laughed about it afterwards. 

That was simply one of hundreds of interactions that we had with Gordon that so endeared him. I want that back, dammit. 

I don’t know what else to say really. We all had our own personal moments with him that meant a lot to each of us, and what I really know for sure is that it is most important that we say something. That it is essential that we perform some kind of honorarium for the loved and lost. It’s what is supposed to make us human.

With Deepest Respect, Scott, Feb 26, 2023

PS: Thank you to Rob for continuing to honour Gordon with the script on the site. That means a lot.

Perfect and sincere post. Thank you!

Hi Rev,

Thank you. Appreciate it.

- Wiz

(02-26-2023, 06:37 PM)Spent about two days lookin for Gordon on 17 one night.  Grapple was turned off so I knew he couldn't be hangin off the bottom.  You know where he was?  KoBkWizard Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hello Friends,

I should have written this two weeks ago. It’s difficult to reconcile that it has been two years since we lost Gordon. The sting of loss hasn’t really diminished for me as is usually the case after the passing of time. We don’t meet many people who have the kind of lasting effect that Gordon evinced in most of us who knew him well. My thoughts turn to him much more often than expected. The worst part is that the only condolence I can give that even fits the bill is to say to myself, “I miss you Gordon”, and I say that a lot.

Gordon was that rarest of the rare, a genuinely nice and compassionate fellow. He had a great sense of humor, and could give as well as he got. He never crossed the line of good taste even during the “Capacitor” incident with Rob and me. It was the only time I ever heard him angry because Rob and I were putting up such a robust defence. He left in a fit, which was even funnier to us because it was so out of character for him. We were a bit incredulous, because we knew what we were saying. The next day Gordon came back on and somewhat sheepishly apologized for the night before. Gordon knew electronics inside and out, but what we were talking about was outside of Gordon’s experience, simple as that. I won’t go into more detail now but could relate that story and how it started with my going on about something that had happened in my High School shop class in 1977. It was a very funny incident that had occurred that needs to be in a film. What had happened is one of those things that you just can’t make up. Gordon had gone away in a huff, and then had gone and done his own research, and then came back and made amends with his friends. Like a man is supposed to do. Then laughed about it afterwards. 

That was simply one of hundreds of interactions that we had with Gordon that so endeared him. I want that back, dammit. 

I don’t know what else to say really. We all had our own personal moments with him that meant a lot to each of us, and what I really know for sure is that it is most important that we say something. That it is essential that we perform some kind of honorarium for the loved and lost. It’s what is supposed to make us human.

With Deepest Respect, Scott, Feb 26, 2023

PS: Thank you to Rob for continuing to honour Gordon with the script on the site. That means a lot.